Monday, April 24, 2017

Shhhh: The Manolo Blahnik Sample Sale Starts Thursday

We love Spring in New York-- the cherry blossoms, the Park Avenue tulips, and yes, the Manolo Blahnik sample sale. Our sources tell us that this year's Spring sample sale will open to the public on Thursday, April 27th. As is tradition, the second floor salon of the Warwick Hotel will be the site of the event.






This sample sale is a bi-annual highlight for shoe lovers. As you can imagine, the wait time can be worse than a passport agency. We usually prefer the boutique sales even if prices are a bit more expensive. (Those who can't make it to the sale can shop an assortment of brand new Manolos starting at just $75 from the scroll above.)

Those who are up for the Manolo sample sale challenge, should expect to take a number and wait, and wait, and wait. The really nice thing about this sale is that you can leave and come back once you get your lucky numbered ticket. Take note, that the sale opens at 11am and will close when inventory begins to run low. In past years, that was at about 3pm to 4pm.

We expect that prices will run along the same lines as last season. Plain shoes, including leather, suede satin, and printed fabric start at $125 and go up to $150. Shoes with embellishments like glitter and studs were priced $175. Boots started at $200 for basic versions and went up to $400 for over-the-knee styles.

Over the past few seasons the assortment has been dwindling. Manolo Blahnik & Co. recently added a fundraising component to their overstock strategy. A sale to benefit Arethusa Farm Scholarship Fund for University of Connecticut Agricultural Studies. A good amount of stock that would show up at the bi-annual sample sale has gone to the, so called, farm.

Remember, the sale is open to the public for only one day. That's a good indication that there will not be much merchandise. If you attend the sale, please keep us all posted in the comment section below.

Manolo Sale Sample Sale
Thursday, April 27th
Sale opens: 11am and closes when the inventory dwindles (usually 3pm - 4pm)
The Warwick Hotel, 54th Street and 6th Avenue, 2nd Floor
Cash only!

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lila, should I take the day off? Is this officially anounced?? Thanks.

Lila Delilah said...

Hi! I can't give you advice as to if you should take off from work but this is official information.
Personally, I rather spend $100 more on shoes and have the vacation day to, well, go on vacation.

Anonymous said...

When do they start giving tickets

Lila Delilah said...

Last year it was 6am but I will try to get more difinitive information on tomorrow's process.

Anonymous said...

do you know what time do people start queuing for the tickets?

Anonymous said...

How do you get a ticket - I'm new to this - thanks.

Lila Delilah said...

Once you arrive, check in at the desk and you will be given a ticket with a number. Like a bakery, you wait until your number is called. enjoy!

Anonymous said...

When are the boutique sales usually held, and how do I get access? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Boutique sales are usually held in either Jan or Feb, and August. The MB boutique sales are open to the public.

Lila Delilah said...

What she said ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Anonymous said...

Do you know when can get the tickets?

Lila Delilah said...

I'm not sure. Sometimes they start handing them out at 6am. Other years shoppers needed to wait until 9am.

Anonymous said...

I am not sure when i should even start lining up for the tickets!
Has anyone gone to the previous sales? What time did you have to be there to get the earlier tickets (#1-10)

Thanks in advance! good luck everyone! :)

Lila Delilah said...

I've been many times but the rules continually change. One thing that I can tell you is that VIP's will shop the early portion of the sale. At 11am, or soon after, they will call in ticket holders.

On a side note, shoppers who arrived very, very early (before 6am) have complained that it wasn't a first come, first ticket. I don't think there is any way to assure that you're the first to get in. I would just go and have fun. If the line is long, go and come back.

If there is nothing to buy in your size, then use the money for an amazing lunch at Estiatorio Milos. Xxoo

Anonymous said...

Do they typically have the manolo hangisi? Trying to see if should use sick day

Lila Delilah said...

They usually do but not always in the color options you want.

Anonymous said...

Any update ?

Chen Xiang said...

I just got the ticket. I got here before 7, but I in group five, the women here are scary! I wan here early, chatting with my friend, not sitted. The people here just assured I came late! They shouted at me for cutting the line.

Unknown said...

Vip list line outside public in the room with the chairs. Got a little cray as they did open until 820 or so to give out tickets

Kudos to the nice girls working the desk

Overheard " I may have to play the Vouge card, I need to get to work". Spoken like a true millennial. Wonder what Anna would think

Sunny said...

Got in at 9:00 and hey gave me a ticket to come back at 11:00.

Anonymous said...

Did it open to public yet?

Lila Delilah said...

Not until 11am. Going in now. Will post pics on insta stories.

Anonymous said...

Please keep us updated which number they r up to when it opens to public.

Lila Delilah said...

They are on H and I posted lots of pics in my Instagram stories-- until I got caught.

Lila Delilah said...

They are on H. I think they are starting to let in the public. It isn't crowded inside.

Anonymous said...

Thanks I'm number 9 for public just trying to see what time I should leave

Lila Delilah said...

On group 3. Letting in 20 people per group.

Anonymous said...

Is it worth trying during the lunch? If you don't have a number?

Lila Delilah said...

I wouldn't bother. There really isn't a great selection.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lila. I have a size 40-40.5 usually they have a lot in bigger sizes. Are you saying that overall selection is not good or by that time there won't be anything good left?

Lila Delilah said...

Both? There are a lot more styles in bigger sizes but nothing that was amazing. There are lots of basic pumps. The re-sellers were loading up the popular sizes when I left. Not sure what will be there by the time you get in.

Anonymous said...

What group are they up to now ?

Lila Delilah said...

I'm no longer there but maybe someone else can continue the updates???

Unknown said...

Anyone have an update on what number? I have group 17

Anna said...

Since I was in the area I stopped by in the morning, picked up a ticket and left to continue my business. When I came back in the afternoon (about 2 pm) the crowds were gone and I could walk right in. A lot of the embellished styles already felt out of fashion but I found two pairs of more plain (timeless) leather sandals in my size (37). A pretty good deal imo but I wasn't too excited in the first place, I just needed some heels and could have gone for almost any brand.

Lila Delilah said...

Thanks so much for sharing Anna! I hope you enjoy your new shoes.